Curtiss-Wright Surface Technologies (“CWST”) is the group name for the collective technical services provided by the legacy companies of Metal Improvement Company(“MIC”), E/M Coating Services, Everlube Products, FW Gartner Thermal Spraying, Para Tech Coating, Component Coating & Repair Services, Bolt’s Metallizing and IMR Test Labs.
Curtiss-Wright invests in the development, recruitment, and retention of critical skills as part of its model for business success. We offer a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, life and disability insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacation/holidays. To strengthen our European team we are looking for a
IT Network Support Technician
Under minimal supervision, ensures proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes reviewing, managing and maintaining the internal network infrastructure across European Business Sites to ensure IT systems are operating effectively, identify/troubleshoot areas of system and/or IT security risk as well as receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user support requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Location: Near Unna, Germany, EU
- Review, manage and maintain IT Network Infrastructure at European Business Locations to ensure smooth operation of IT services
- Analyze network and IT security performance and find ways of improvement
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner. Documents all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Perform periodic onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end-user workstations and related hardware and software to deliver required desktop service levels. Installs anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date. This may include deployment of complete site IT upgrades.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Assesses the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
- Assists in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations. Prepares tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, and then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Collaborates with other internal teams e.g. IT Security/Database Development/top level management to ensure efficient operation of the company’s internal IT environment.
- An Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Or a Technical or Trade School certificate in Information Technology
- At least 2+ years of experience in an IT Technician or Helpdesk role
- High level of language proficiency in English, German, and French
- Knowledge of SQL, ASP or Microsoft Access Database Systems highly desirable
- Professional IT certificates are an asset
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and responsive, with a focus on problem solving
This job requires periodic travel.
Have we attracted your interest? Then please send your meaningful application documents per email stating your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date to our Cyber Security and Program Assurance Manager Mr. Hasmit Shukla, email@example.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your message.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.